Welcome to the SWATCO training academy!
Specialised Weapons & Ammunition Trading Company is a certified and licensed PFTC (Professional Firearm Training Council) accredited training provider for both private individuals and businesses requiring firearm training.
Please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the following points PRIOR to purchasing a module.
Legal framework explanation
- You are required to complete the legal unit standard (117705) in conjunction with the relevant firearm you wish to license.
- You are required to complete the document that will be sent to you post the purchase of your module. This same form must accompany you when you collect your study material.
- Material cannot be distributed electronically and must be collected in person by the registered student.
- The student MUST bring their original South African Identity Document to confirm their purchase and finalise the course details.
What does the process involve?
- You would need to purchase the manuals that correspond with the Unit Standards you require online or directly from our store situated at 368 Louis Botha Avenue, Maryvale.
- Please note that if you do not have a current Competency Certificate you will be required to do Legal (Knowledge of the Firearms Control Act, 2000) Act No 60 of 2000.
- You have three months from the date of purchase to complete the process.
- Open Book (Formative) exams, must be completed in BLACK pen. Please find answers in the prescribed book and do not formulate your own responses.
- Once you have completed the open book exam make time to study the open book material, as you will find many of the questions repeated in the Closed Book (Summative) exams.
- A training advisor will schedule a formal class session with you in order to complete the closed book test as well as your practical shoot on the day.
What should I bring or expect on the day?
- Pre-Assessment Meeting.
- Completion of relevant documentation.
- Revision of outcome based training.
- Practical training and observation check list.
- Summative (closed book) exams.
- Qualification Shoot (Ammunition, Hearing Protection and Firearm fees are included in your course fee).
- Successful students will be able to collect their Statement of Results and Certificate within 7 – 10 days business working days.
- Please ensure you set aside the full day for the summative session and practical shoot.
- Our kitchen will be opened, so food and beverages are available for purchase.